Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday....Around the World !

Pumpkins 178 blog
This week-end we celebrated Thanksgiving in Canada. And what better way to get in the mood than driving down a country road and visiting a nearby farm.
A pumpkin farm.....
.....with my own li'l punkins.

Pumpkins 028 wm

Pumpkins 015 wm

Pumpkins 032 wm
The leaves are really starting to change color and the weather is all over the place but this long week-end was perfect....almost too warm for October, but we'll take it.
'Cause we know what's coming!

Pumpkins 085 wm

Pumpkins 092 wm
But for now, we're thankful for all the bounty, the rich colours and never-ending variety of fruits and vegetables and flowers.

Pumpkins 163

Pumpkins 176

Pumpkins 132

Pumpkins 146
The challenge of the day was picking just the right pumpkins for our family. Had to have one big daddy one, one plump lovely mama one, one big sis and one little sis.

Pumpkins 100
No....the worty one did make the cut.

Pumpkins 126

Pumpkins 131

Pumpkins 130

Pumpkins 140

Pumpkins 154

Pumpkins 136

Pumpkins 102

Pumpkins 104
Much to be thankful for!

Pumpkins 114

Thanks for popping by for a peek in my little corner of the world!


Link up below and share what's happening around the world today!




11 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What gorgeous pics, Wanda!! You captured the fall beauty in your area beautifully! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Ashley Sisk said...

Looks like a beautiful day to hang out at the pumpkin patch. Love all the fall photos.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

That looks like such a great place! I love that the building is shaped like a basket. How cute is that!?! I love all the fall colors. Perfect day!

Lisa said...

You really captured the vibrance of the season and yes, isn't it strange and amazing to be pumpkin picking in summer wear! Here too, but like you, no complaints...at least not out loud! LOL

These are stunning and the girls are darling! I'm glad you enjoyed such a fine weekend of family time and so glad I thought to check in and share in this smile!

XOXO

likeschocolate said...

What a fun place! I wish we were able to pick the pumpkins off the vine. They pick all the pumpkins here because of the spiders.

Mama Hen said...

I just love the vibrant colors! These photos are spectacular! I hope you are doing well mt talented friend! Your girls are so cute! It is a great time of the year. Have a good day Wanda!

Mama Hen

Gail said...

What a great Fall place to experience!!!! I never get tired of seeing your 2 punkins or the orange Halloween/Fall kind either!

Beautiful pics as always Wanda, love all the color!!!


xoxoxo

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That has to be one of the most beautiful pumpkin patches/farms I have ever seen. I love that the store is shaped like a basket....how cool is that!

Beautiful pictures of your girls enjoying a perfect fall day!

Happy Weekend to you Wanda~

xoxoxo,

Lisa

Our family said...

oh so so Gorgeous!!!!

xo

Mahmee said...

Nice. Very nice. The girls just keep on growing up...don't you hate that? Ha ha.
M.

Dita said...

Great shots and what a fantastic farm with the store in the shape of a BASKET.....too adorable.

Love the pumpkin characterizations...you crack me up...rolling on the floor cracking up...yep, you really do!

Have I mentioned that I miss your little pumpkins too (the girls, Wan...the GIRLS!)

xoxoxoxo
Dita

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Visits from my friends

NeoCounter

Hi, I'm Wanda. I am a happy woman, wife to Danny for...oh....lots a years and finally Mom to THE most adorable little girl from Hunan, China - Dahlia. And now we have been blessed again with another daughter, Milana, from Zhejiang, China. (The 2 best things I've ever done!) We live in the Montreal area. After a loooonnngg wait for Dahlia's little sister Milana (pronounced - Mee-lana, like banana), we finally brought her home in August 2009. Dahlia came to us in Nov 2004 (at 20 months of age)and a year later we began the application for another baby - at the time the waiting period was around 8 months. Almost 4 years later (say what!?!)we, at last, brought Milana home. This began as the story of our journey to bring Milana home and life with her big sister, Dahlia. It now continues as we live as a family of four!
God. My (growing) family. Hangin' out with my girlies. My wonderful friends (you know who you are!). To laugh (out loud and a lot!). Music. Painting. Hugs. Long chats with my buds. My garden. To read (ha...when I can!). Sunshine. Spring, Spring and more Spring. Building things. Cooking. Decorating. Parties (ahem). The internet. Life. Movies. A.I. Dancing with the stars. So you think you can dance. Travel. Umm..did I say laughing my head off. Oh Gee...everything actually!!
the long road
the long road
we picture {this}
Photobucket
SimplyCandid
Wild Olive Tees